In a nutshell, you take a picture of a magazine page, piece of paper, other document and the app creates PDF files to save or share. The Genius Scan scanner technology includes smart page detection, perspective correction and image post-processing. And instead of a bunch of individual files to keep after, it lets you create multi-pages PDF documents with several scans.
Features of Genius Scan include:
- Page detection When the user takes a photo, Genius Scan detects the frame of the document.
- Perspective correction If the photo isn’t lined up perfectly, Genius Scan corrects the distortion and straightens the image up.
- Image post-processing Genius Scan improves the quality of the resulting scan by enhancing the colors for a photo document or dramatically increasing the contrast for black and white documents.
- PDF documents Genius Scan lets users create PDF documents with multiple scans.
- Export features Users can then export the documents at their convenience. Options include email or any cloud services such as Box, Dropbox, Evernote etc.
Genius Scan for Android can be downloaded for a one-time 99¢ fee. We’ve noticed that the developers have already issued multiple updates so it stands to reason that this title will continually improve over time!